NYC Construction Accident Lawyer
Construction sites, with all their moving parts, are filled with potentially dangerous situations. We’ve all seen construction sites, but those who have worked construction know how hazardous they can truly be. If you or a loved one has suffered from an injury while working on a construction site, you may be entitled to compensation. Construction is a physically demanding job, and the construction accident attorneys at Kaplan Lawyers PC understand how debilitating an injury can be. Often, an injury can lead to a prolonged period of lost wages as you try and regain strength enough to work. During this time, it is important to find out whether or not you are eligible for injury benefits. These benefits can help provide for medical expenses, ongoing medical care, and can even help you reclaim some of your lost earnings.
Am I Qualified for Compensation in New York?
If you were injured while working on a construction site you are entitled to benefits. If your injuries were caused due to someone else’s negligence, or because of unsafe work conditions, or lack of safety devices, or because the site was not up to code, you may be able to receive compensation in addition to the workers’ compensation benefits. Even if negligence wasn’t the direct cause of your injury, you may still qualify for compensation. In fact, there are different types of injury claims you can file:
- Workers’ Compensation: All workers are entitled to file a workers’ compensation claim if they’ve been injured on the job.
- Scaffolding/Ladder Injury Claim: New York State has special legislation in place for workers who have been injured due to a fall from a scaffold or ladder. If you’ve been injured in this way, you may have to take alternative steps when filing your claim. The experienced professionals at Kaplan Lawyers PC can help you during your decision process.
- Defective Machinery and Heavy Equipment: Forklifts, cranes and other vehicles used in construction can be hazardous to their operators and others working in their vicinity.
- Highway Work Zone Accidents: As with scaffolding, a different set of standards are in place for highway work zones.
- Unsafe Work Site: There are codes in place to protect everyone working on a construction project.
- Third-Party Injury Claims: Employers normally cannot be sued directly, and workers’ compensation benefits don’t provide for the pain and suffering you endure after being injured, but if your injuries were caused by the negligence of someone else you can pursue a claim against them.
We’ve handled virtually all types of construction site injuries in the past, and have great success in protecting the rights of injured workers, getting them the medical attention they need, and obtaining the significant recoveries they deserve. We know how hazardous the workplace can be, and we feel that you should be compensated if you’ve been hurt.
Have you been involved in any of the following types of accidents:
- Struck by falling objects
- Fall from heights
- Slip, trip or fall
- Injury due to being pinned
- Crane injury
- Forklift injury
- Defective machinery
- Scaffolding collapse
- Excavation collapse
- Elevator accidents