NYC Surgical Mistakes Attorneys
Most people understand the inherent risk of surgery, but if you’ve been injured unnecessarily by a preventable surgical error, you may be entitled to collect benefits. These benefits will help cover the costs of your initial treatment and can provide for any further treatments made necessary by the error as well as assistance for ongoing care during your time of recovery.
Types of Surgical Mistakes
Every surgery has its foreseen dangers. However, some complications arise due to surgical negligence and in these instances, the patient is eligible to collect for medical malpractice. The medical malpractice attorneys at Kaplan Lawyers PC can evaluate your claim and guide you through the complicated legal process. Most hospitals will try and refute the claims of medical malpractice, and we understand how frustrating this process can be when you’re suffering from a real injury or worsening of your condition. Here are some types of surgical mistake claims that we’ve successfully represented for in the past:
- Improper administration of anesthesia
- Use of improperly sterilized equipment
- Operation on wrong body part
- Operation on wrong patient
- Nerve damage incurred
- Tools, clamps, sponges or other equipment left inside patient
What Can Kaplan Lawyers PC Do For You?
By gathering evidence and eye-witness accounts, our experienced team of medical malpractice lawyers can help to build your case. There are certain guidelines in place to make sure surgeries go according to plan. If your surgeon broke protocol in any of the following ways, you deserve to be compensated:
- Surgeon was fatigued, under the influence or otherwise negligent
- Surgical team suffered from a lack of communication
- There was poor / no pre-operative planning
- Surgeons neglected to sanitize their equipment
- Surgeon’s inexperience or incompetence led to injury
Contact Us Today
If you are the victim of a surgical mistake, we sympathize with your plight, and will fight alongside you through the entirety of your case proceedings. Contact Kaplan Lawyers PC today for a free consultation and remember, if we don’t win your case there is no fee.