New York City Injury Lawyers
Aggressive Legal Representation for Personal Injury Claims in NYC
An unexpected injury can turn your world on its head. Beyond the initial shock and immediate pain, the real costs of a personal injury add up over time:
- Medical expenses
- Hospital bills
- Lost income due to missed work
- Rehabilitation or therapy
- Ongoing pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Property damage
- And more.
Too often, victims enter into a hasty settlement agreement with an insurance company after an accident. That’s almost always a mistake, and here’s why:
- Insurance companies don’t represent your best interests. It’s just the opposite, in fact. They’re only looking out for themselves.
- Settlement offers from insurers are almost always “lowball” offers (in other words, they offer less than the victim deserves).
- These settlement offers, once signed, typically prevent you from taking further action in the future.
- Many injuries take weeks or months to appear.
- Bills can pile up slowly. Your accident might look like a low-cost incident now, but the reality could be different in a few months (and if you’ve already settled by then, you might have to eat those losses yourself).
- Entering into a settlement on the insurance company’s terms sends the wrong message — it tells dangerous drivers and unfair insurance companies that they won’t be held accountable.
- You can hire our New York City injury lawyers without paying anything upfront. We won’t charge you unless (and until) we get you money.
What You Post Online Can and Will Be Used Against You
In 2003, a New York woman working a desk job at the Stony Brook University Medical Center suffered a serious back injury after her chair collapsed underneath her. She filed a lawsuit against the manufacturer of the chair, Steelcase. The woman claimed that the defective chair had impacted her enjoyment of life and rendered her mostly unable to leave home. Read Full Article
Our Personal Injury Practice Areas
A lot of people associate personal injury attorneys with car crashes. Certainly, we do provide robust legal assistance to vehicle accident victims throughout NYC. But New York personal injury law encompasses much more than auto accident litigation.
The New York City injury lawyers at Kaplan Lawyers PC have many years of experience in virtually every aspect of personal injury law. We are available to help with:
- Medical malpractice
- Nursing home negligence or abuse
- Workplace accidents
- Construction accidents
- Injuries caused by unsafe property conditions
- Slips and falls
- Dangerous or defective products
- Pharmaceutical errors
- Social Security Disability denials
- Toxic exposure / toxic mold
- Vacation accidents / NYC tourist injuries
- School injuries
- Dog bites & animal attacks
- Burn injuries
- Public property injuries
- Wrongful death
- Much more
Additionally, in the context of vehicle accidents, we provide aggressive legal representation to the victims of:
- Car crashes
- Motorcycle accidents
- Bus accidents (including city, tourism, and school buses)
- New York subway accidents / NYC transit accidents
- Pedicab accidents
- Taxi accidents
- Ridesharing crashes
- Pedestrian injuries and deaths
- Hit and run
- Bicycle accidents
- Boating accidents
- Drunk driving accidents
- Texting and driving accidents
- Much more.
Set Up a Free Personal Injury Consultation Today
If you’ve suffered injury, illness, or injustice in New York, and someone else’s negligent or illegal behavior is to blame, we can help. Our New York City injury lawyers will fight to maximize the value of your claim and get you the money you deserve. Remember: We don’t get paid unless you do, too.
Please contact the New York City injury lawyers at Kaplan Lawyers P.C. and ask for a free consultation as soon as possible. We’re here to fight for you.