Ladders are a staple of the construction world. In a given day, a construction worker may go up and down a ladder a hundred times. What they might not realize, though, is that ladders must be kept up-to-date and in good condition so as to ensure the safety of those using them. Sometimes, employers will allow ladders to fall into disrepair as a way to cut corners financially. Employers must also adhere to strict guidelines regarding the safe and proper use of a ladder. Since it’s sometimes quicker to ignore these guidelines, a supervisor may allow a ladder to be used in a hazardous way. If you or a loved one has been injured due to a fall from a ladder you are entitled to receive the best medical attention as well as compensation for your time missed from work and for your pain and suffering.
At Kaplan Lawyers PC, we’ve got a team of New York ladder accident attorneys who can assist you to file your claim. We have decades of experience handling ladder accident cases and how to prove if you are entitled to compensation.
Was your injury a result of a ladder which:
- Had accumulated dirt or other loose material, making for uneven surfaces?
- Was used near electrical equipment, causing electrocution?
- Had missing rungs, steps, or cleats?
- Was overloaded with weight?
- Exhibited broken pieces, splinters, or loose screws?
- Had its breaks repaired hastily? (Ex: with tape)
- Was used on uneven ground?
- Was used horizontally as a sort of makeshift foot bridge?
Contact Our New York Ladder Injury Lawyers
If you answered «yes» to any of the following questions, or you were injured on a ladder in any other manner, contact Kaplan Lawyers PC for your free consultation. If someone else’s negligence was the cause of your injury, you should not be responsible to bear the financial burden of the accident. The consultation is free and we will not charge any legal fee unless we win your case.