NYC Anesthesia Errors Lawyers
Anesthesia helps relieve pain and sedate patients during operations but unfortunately they are not always administered properly, and in those situations the results can be deadly. The anesthesia error attorneys at Kaplan Lawyers PC can review your medical history and records with our experts to determine if you are entitled to compensation for the injuries caused by an anesthesia mistake.
If a doctor or the hospital staff breached their obligation to provide you with the highest quality of care, whether through erroneous action or unreasonable inaction, and caused you significant harm, you are entitled to significant compensation for that breach.
There are three types of anesthesia generally used during surgeries:
- Local Anesthesia: Affects a small, localized area like a single tooth during dentistry.
- Regional Anesthesia: Affects a larger segment of the body, if a surgeon is operating throughout a large area.
- General Anesthesia: Renders the patient unconscious. It affects the entire body. Most advanced surgeries call for general anesthesia.
Highly trained specialists called anesthesiologists are tasked with administering anesthesia, because applying the precise dosage varies from patient to patient and determining this is often an intricate process. Unfortunately, an incorrect prescription of anesthesia can result in paralysis, asphyxia, brain damage, coma, heart attack, stroke and even death.
At Kaplan Lawyers PC, we realize how serious the consequences of an anesthesiologist’s error can be. If a doctor’s negligence caused a preventable injury, you are entitled to a financial recovery which can help to defray the financial costs for treatment which is necessary due to the mistake as well as for the pain and suffering inflicted.
Accidents happen, but doctors must follow strict guidelines so as to avoid them at all costs. If a doctor strayed from protocol, or was inattentive, they may be considered negligent. Here are some anesthesia-related errors that we at Kaplan Lawyers PC have handled in the past:
- Anesthesia wasn’t delivered in a timely manner
- Improper dosage of anesthesia was administered
- Anesthesia had harmful interaction with another drug
- Patient was allergic to anesthesia
Contact Us For a Free Consultation
At Kaplan Lawyers PC, we can help you determine whether or not you have a claim. We have the ability to review and understand the complexities involved with these types of cases and will take the time to thoroughly investigate the cause of your harm. Our consultation is free but the information that we can provide you with will be invaluable. Remember, there is no fee unless we win your case.
Call Now for a Free Case Evaluation!(212) 563-1900 (NYC) (516) 399-2364 (Nassau County) (347) 758-9011 (Brooklyn) (631) 619-5309 (Suffolk County) (917) 382-9212 (Queens)
- Those Long Shifts Are Making Even Healthcare Workers SickOctober 2, 2018
- New York Not Faring Well in Hospital Safety RankingsJune 1, 2018
- Legionnaire’s Disease Outbreak in the South BronxAugust 4, 2015
- Medical Malpractice in the Military CommunityApril 30, 2015
- Nursing Home AbuseApril 15, 2015