Those who design, maintain and supervise playgrounds must keep two things in mind: the enjoyment and safety of the children who play on them. A playground provides multitudes of equipment for kids to play on, but also presents a vast array of injury possibilities. Balancing fun and danger is the responsibility for all adults responsible for manufacturing playground equipment and policing the activity that goes on with the finished product. Playgrounds should maximize stimulation while minimizing risk.
If your child has been injured on a playground because of negligence or oversight, you are eligible to sue for damages. The New York playground accident attorneys at Kaplan Lawyers PC will maximize your potential benefits, which will provide for your child’s medical bills and ongoing care.
Types of Dangers
Determining negligence is oftentimes the trickiest part of these types of claims. Our New York playground accident lawyers will help prove fault and advocate your child’s injury claim in court. Those who own, operate, and/or design playgrounds have an obligation to keep the environment as safe as humanly possible. We know the great lengths you go to keep your child protected, and if someone else’s failure to meet their responsibility has put your child in harm’s way, you should not be responsible for any expensive medical bills. Here are a few instances of negligence that the New York playground accident attorneys at Kaplan Lawyers PC have dealt with in the past:
- Insufficient mulch (or other soft ground buffer) levels created surfaces that were too hard
- Insufficient supervisors led to a preventable slip, trip or fall
- Uneven surfaces caused a fall
- Monkey bars, slides, or other equipment were too high up off the ground
- Equipment was installed too close to other equipment causing collision possibilities
- Equipment fell into disrepair due to lack of maintenance
- Improper installation led to areas that could potentially trap children
- Tripping hazards such as tree stumps or anchoring posts were not promptly removed or sufficiently covered
- Guardrails were not provided for all elevated surfaces
Contact Our New York Playground Accidents Lawyers
As you can see, injuries can be caused by design flaws or negligent supervision, among other reasons. Injuries ranging from concussions, to cuts and bruises, to broken bones could qualify your child for compensation. If your child has been hurt in any of these, or any other, playground-related scenarios, you should contact Kaplan Lawyers PC for a free consultation. We will take the necessary steps to find out who is responsible and hold them accountable. If we are not able to win your case we will not charge any legal fee.