Queens Car Accident Attorneys
Cars are involved in more crashes than any other type of automobile. It makes sense when you consider the fact that most vehicles on our roads are cars, but it also points to the fact that car drivers are more vulnerable to certain types of crashes than their larger counterparts.
In Queens, the car is the automobile of choice for many drivers, due to better gas mileage, easier parking, and maneuverability. The benefits of driving a car in Queens are obvious when navigating the traffic around JFK International or LaGuardia airports, or when fighting through the traffic around Flushing Meadows.
It’s no surprise that due to the high volume of traffic that passes through Queens on a given day, there are several automobile crashes. At Kaplan Lawyers PC, we are proud to offer our services to those who have been injured from a car accident in Queens, and we fight for our clients to make sure they receive compensation that reflects the incredible costs of their injuries.
Accidents Involving Cars
The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety provides some statistics that are helpful in understanding what crash types are more likely to involve cars, as opposed to SUVs, trucks or motorcycles. Their findings are from 2014, the most recent year for which statistics are available.
- In both single- and multiple-vehicle fatal crashes, cars are more likely than other vehicle types to be involved in side-impact and rear-end crashes.
- In single-vehicle fatal crashes, cars are more likely than other vehicle types to be involved in frontal-impact collisions.
- Of all the crash types listed by the IIHS, the only type that cars were less likely to be involved in across various point-of-impact crashes were rollovers.
- Cars have higher death rates than SUVs and pickup trucks in crashes that involve multiple vehicles.
Where are Queens Drivers Most Likely to Be Involved in Crashes?
Higher volumes of traffic and higher rates of speed are always a lethal combination on our roads. In Queens, that means drivers are likely more vulnerable for the most serious crashes and collisions on I-678, I-278, I-495, Grand Central Parkway, Jackie Robinson Parkway and Belt Parkway. On these major roadways, car occupants face a greater likelihood of injuries from severe accidents, including:
Collisions and crashes on smaller Queens roadways, like those in neighborhoods such as Astoria, Bayside, Flushing, Corona or Howard Beach, still have the potential to be serious, even if they are less likely to be fatal. Crashes in any of Queens’ neighborhoods can lead to injuries such as:
The Consequences of a Serious Car Crash
Victims in crashes face many obstacles that occur because of their injuries, including medical bills, lost wages, loss of work ability, pain and suffering. Physical injuries can be compounded by the emotional and psychological pain that a person might endure after being involved in a major automobile crash.
If you or a loved one has been involved a Queens car crash due to the negligence of another driver, you have legal options available to seek compensation for the damages you have suffered. Contact the Queens car accident attorneys at Kaplan Lawyers PC to learn more about holding a negligent driver accountable for the injuries they have caused you. Our consultations are free.
Call Now for a Free Case Evaluation!(212) 563-1900 (NYC) (516) 399-2364 (Nassau County) (347) 758-9011 (Brooklyn) (631) 619-5309 (Suffolk County) (917) 382-9212 (Queens)
- How THC Puts Drivers on Par with Alzheimer’s PatientsNovember 26, 2018
- Follow These Guidelines for a Safe ThanksgivingNovember 19, 2018
- New York’s Limousine Tragedy Opens up Fundamental Safety QuestionsNovember 5, 2018
- Winterizing Your Car – What You Need to KnowOctober 29, 2018
- Why Hit-And-Run Drivers Flee the SceneOctober 22, 2018