Understanding Presumptive Disability
For severely disabled candidates looking to file for Social Security Disability benefits, it may be possible to begin receiving benefits before your case is officially validated. The Social Security Administration gets inundated with claims each year, and the process of determining each case is a time consuming one.
However, they realize that some conditions are completely debilitating, and that those suffering from such conditions may be unable to provide for themselves while they wait for their case to be heard. If you or a loved one is in such a position, they may be able to begin receiving compensation immediately, due to presumptive disability laws.
Presumptive disability refers to disability cases that are nearly certain to be approved for Social Security benefits. Some of these disabilities include:
- Total blindness or deafness
- Total immobility
- Full leg amputations
- Down Syndrome
- Symptomatic HIV or AIDS
- Severe spinal cord injuries
- Lou Gehrig’s Disease (amyotrophic lateral sclerosis)
If you have any of these conditions, you may be entitled to begin receiving benefits immediately. However, this list is not exhaustive so if you have a condition not seen on the list, you may still qualify. If you are uncertain as to your eligibility contact the Social Security Disability attorneys at Kaplan Lawyers PC to answer your questions.
The experienced and compassionate team of Social Security Disability attorneys at Kaplan Lawyers PC can help you understand your rights, and guide you as you begin your legal proceedings. Living with a disability may make it impossible to earn a living. At Kaplan Lawyers PC we understand this, and we want you to begin receiving benefits as soon as possible. Understanding presumptive disability laws may help you access the compensation that you deserve. Call today for a free consultation.
Call Now for a Free Case Evaluation!(212) 563-1900 (NYC) (516) 399-2364 (Nassau County) (347) 758-9011 (Brooklyn) (631) 619-5309 (Suffolk County) (917) 382-9212 (Queens)
- Amid Construction Boom, NYC “Kicks the Can” on Construction Safety Training December 10, 2018
- Avoid These Toys When Buying Christmas Gifts in 2018 December 3, 2018
- How THC Puts Drivers on Par with Alzheimer’s Patients November 26, 2018
- Follow These Guidelines for a Safe Thanksgiving November 19, 2018
- New York’s Limousine Tragedy Opens up Fundamental Safety Questions November 5, 2018