New York Bicycle Law Attorneys
Long ago, motorists and bicycle riders learned that they must share the road but unfortunately accidents still happen, given the dangerous nature of bikes and cars occupying the same space. Bikers and drivers will of course try and avoid one another, but if an accident was caused by the negligence of the driver of the car, the injured party may have legal right to sue. If you or a loved one has been struck by a motor vehicle while riding a bicycle, you may not only be entitled to benefits to cover your medical bills and expenses, you may also be entitled to money for your pain and suffering as well. The bike accident attorneys at Kaplan Lawyers PC have decades of experience helping injured bicyclists and are here to help you during this difficult time.
Obligations of the Road
It’s not just motorists that must remain vigilant. Cyclists must be sure to never:
- Cling to moving vehicles or use vehicles as support
- Ride in any formation besides single-file
- Ride without the use of reflectors
- Ride outside of designated bike lanes
- Carry more passengers than the bicycle has seats
- Ride in an unsafe or negligent manner
- Fail to use hand turning signals
- Ride without light after sunset or before sunrise
If you’ve been injured in an accident that was caused by a negligent cyclist, you also may be deserving of benefits. The experienced and compassionate team of attorneys at Kaplan Lawyers PC can analyze your case, and will fight aggressively for you during the legal process.
We Can Help
The consultations are always free. We know how treacherous the road can be, and if a fellow traveler has failed to take the proper precautions or has behaved in a negligent manner, they should be held liable for their actions. If you’ve been injured in an accident as a cyclist or as a motorist, you should be provided for as you recover from your injuries. If we’re unable to win you benefits, we waive all legal fees.
Call Now for a Free Case Evaluation!(212) 563-1900 (NYC) (516) 399-2364 (Nassau County) (347) 758-9011 (Brooklyn) (631) 619-5309 (Suffolk County) (917) 382-9212 (Queens)
- Are Age Restrictions for Drivers a Good Idea?June 22, 2018
- Pedestrian Fatalities Soaring in the U.S. Are SUVs the Culprit?June 15, 2018
- Traffic Safety near NY Schools a Cause for ConcernMay 25, 2018
- Why Are There 57 Million Recalled Vehicles Still on Our Roads … Unrepaired?May 15, 2018
- Showing Bikers Respect on Our RoadsMay 1, 2018