How Our Car Accident Lawyer in Islip Can Help You
Following a traffic accident, you may wonder whether you can recover compensation without the help of a legal representative. For many reasons, it is best to retain an attorney. Working with a car accident lawyer in Islip will have direct impact on the amount of your settlement.
In almost every case, when the injured party has legal representation, the settlement amount is significantly higher than if they tried to handle it on their own. If your case goes to court, you need someone with deep legal knowledge and experience at your side. Our seasoned Islip car accident attorney will fight to secure maximum compensation in your case, whether at the negotiating table or in a courtroom.
If you need legal representation in Islip, look no further than Kaplan Lawyers. Our skilled team knows what it takes to get results for car accident victims.
Contact our Islip car accident lawyers at (516) 399-2364 for a free legal consultation.
Why You Should Choose Kaplan Lawyers For Your Islip Car Accident Case
Our Islip Car Accident Lawyers Will Get You Compensation You Deserve
Kaplan lawyers have been working with accident victims for over 20 years. We know what is needed to get you the most money for your accident case. Our experienced Islip car accident attorneys will be there for you every step of the way.
- With offices in Suffolk County, we are a local firm with firsthand knowledge of insurance companies and court systems.
- Personal injury claims are our only business. Our experienced car accident attorneys in Islip know what it takes to fight for you when you need it the most.
- We don’t wait for insurance companies or lawyers on the other side to contact us. We are proactive and finalize cases as quickly as possible.
- We know that dealing with insurance companies can be frustrating. That is why our Islip car accident attorneys deal with them directly. We handle all of the paperwork.
Our car accident attorneys in Islip work hard to get results. We have obtained up to $1.3 million dollars in settlements in car accident cases. If you have been in a car accident in Islip, give us a call at (516) 399-2364 for a free consultation.
While we are hardworking attorneys, we also give back to the community and are involved in organizations such as Run Around the Lake, Ronald McDonald House of Long Island, and Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD).
At Kaplan Lawyers, We Will Fight for Full Compensation in Your Case
Our Islip Car Accident Lawyers Will Never Accept Less than You Deserve
If you are in a car accident in Islip, you shouldn’t have to deal with it on your own. You should have a trained car accident attorney on your side, fighting for what is rightfully yours. Other drivers involved in the accident may be at fault, and you should be properly compensated for that negligence.
An accomplished legal professional on our team will help you secure the money you are rightfully owed. Even if you know that you have a valid car injury claim in Islip, you may be uncertain about how an attorney will help you. When you secure the services of one of our trusted attorneys, they will manage the following elements of your claim:
- Drafting and filing required legal documents
- Accurately calculating the value of your claim
- Ensuring that relevant legal deadlines are met
- Collecting evidence, including accident reports and medical records
- Gathering available eyewitness statements
- Negotiating forcefully on your behalf.
It is critical to understand that insurance companies are not working in your best interests. To maximize profits, many tightfisted adjusters attempt to undermine or devalue victims’ claims.
That is why it is so important to contact our dedicated car accident attorneys in Islip. The team at Kaplan Lawyers has plenty of experience negotiating on behalf of our clients.
Victims should not have to handle the many complexities of a civil legal claim on their own. Our seasoned Islip accident lawyer will give you the best chance of recovering the money that you need. Give us a call today at (516) 399-2364 to get a free consultation about your case.
Types of Injuries Sustained in Islip Car Accidents
Your Compensation Could Depend on the Types of Injuries Sustained.
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI) – These types of injuries can be devastating to an accident victim. One of the leading causes of TBI is car accidents. While TBI symptoms vary depending on the person and the type of accident, some common symptoms of TBI include: headaches, neck pain, confusion, speech problems, vomiting, and slow breathing. If you experienced any of these symptoms after a car accident in Islip, you should go directly to the emergency room. Then, when you can, contact one of our Islip car accident attorneys.
- Spinal Cord Injuries – Car accidents are one of the leading causes of spinal cord injuries. While the spinal cord is very flexible and can withstand a lot of pressure, it can still be injured. These types of injuries can inhibit one’s ability to perform simple day to day tasks, which can drastically diminish one’s quality of life.
If you have been injured in a car accident, call our car accident attorneys at (516) 399-2364
Common Damages in Islip Car Accident Cases
A Successful Car Accident Claim Can Help Get Your Life Back on Track
Every traffic collision occurs because of unique circumstances. Still, many of the negative outcomes from car accidents are similar.
With the help of an Islip car accident attorney, claimants can pursue many types of compensation. The term for financial payments resulting from a civil legal claim is “damages.”
In most car crash cases, there are two primary categories of financial damages. These are known as “economic” and “non-economic” damages.
Economic damages in a car accident case are payments intended to compensate the victim for their direct financial losses. Some of the most common examples of car accident economic damages include payments to cover the following:
- Vehicular repairs or other property damage
- Current medical expenses
- Expected future medical costs
- Lost wages or income from missing work
- Long-term loss of earning potential.
Any financial loss that resulted from your car accident can be recovered through economic damages. It is important to speak with skilled Islip car accident attorneys to determine the value of your claim.
Not every type of harm resulting from a collision is financial. Some of the most difficult negative consequences for victims are intangible.
This is especially true when a traffic accident results in a serious injury. Non-economic damages are intended to compensate claimants for these harms. Common examples include:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish and distress
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Loss of ability to enjoy life.
If the accident is fatal, non-economic damages can include compensation for the loss of companionship and support from a family member. This is known as “loss of consortium.”
Following an accident, make sure to reach out to our experienced team at Kaplan Lawyers. For a free case review from our car accident lawyer in Islip, call us at (516) 399-2364 as soon as possible.
FAQs about Islip Car Accidents
Common Questions our Islip Car Accident Lawyers Hear from Clients
Getting in a car accident is not an everyday experience. It leaves clients wondering where to turn, concerned about medical bills, worried about lost wages, and wondering how they can get the most compensation possible. Our Islip car accident lawyers are here to answer any questions you may have after an accident. Here are a few we regularly hear.
Who pays me if I am injured in a car accident?
Will I need to pay upfront fees to hire a car accident lawyer in Islip?
What are some examples of the causes of accidents?
How long after a car accident in Islip can I file a lawsuit against the other driver?
When someone’s careless driving causes harm, the victim can hold them responsible for the damage they have done.
Contact Our Islip Car Accident Lawyer at Kaplan Lawyers
When you need a knowledgeable legal representative in Islip, reach out to Kaplan Lawyers. Our accomplished legal team has the specialized knowledge and experience needed to recover the compensation that our clients deserve.
Remember: We don’t get paid unless you do, too.
We believe that all victims deserve justice, and we will fight tirelessly to secure the financial compensation that you are owed after your accident.
For a free consultation, contact our team of Islip car accident lawyers at (516) 399-2364.
Attorney Jared S. Kaplan
Attorney Jared S. Kaplan has focused his career on advancing his legal knowledge though the day to day practice of law. Jared is a partner in the law firm of Kaplan Lawyers PC in Syosset, New York and has been a practicing attorney for nearly 20 years. His career started in litigation, so Jared is aware of the pitfalls in litigation and uses that knowledge in the representation of his clients in complex matters. [ Attorney Bio ]