Drunk Driving DWI Accidents
In 2011, 9,878 people died in drunk driving crashes in the United States, one death every 53 minutes; and a person is injured in a drunk driving crash every 90 seconds. The statistics are clear that driving drunk endangers everyone on the road and yet the efforts of law enforcement have failed to curb this reckless behavior.
In New York, DWI (Driving While Intoxicated) requires a blood alcohol content of .08% to convict and punishment includes revocation of driver’s license, fines, possible enrollment in the New York Drinking Driving Program, and possible jail time for first time offenders. People rarely make the conscious decision to drive drunk but once they make the decision to have one drink their decision making ability is altered.
We Can Help You
The drunk driving DWI accidents attorneys at Kaplan Lawyers PC believe that drunk drivers should be held both criminally and civilly responsible for the carnage they leave behind that devastates countless lives every year. If you have been injured as a result of a drunk drivers’ recklessness call the drunk driver accident attorneys at Kaplan Lawyers PC to help you get the justice you deserve.
Call Now for a Free Case Evaluation!(212) 563-1900 (NYC) (516) 399-2364 (Nassau County) (347) 758-9011 (Brooklyn) (631) 619-5309 (Suffolk County) (917) 382-9212 (Queens)
- Experts Believe Fatigue May Cause 10 Percent of All Vehicle CrashesMarch 19, 2018
- Science Panel Urges Lowering BAC Intoxication Level from .08 to .05 PercentFebruary 8, 2018
- Can the U.S. Do Better When it Comes to Driver Safety?January 16, 2018
- Distracted Driving is Taking the Lives of More PedestriansNovember 15, 2017
- Recent Study Shows a Spike in U.S. Fatal, Opioid-Induced Car CrashesNovember 13, 2017