NYC Texting & Driving Accident Lawyers
Under New York State Law, the following is considered illegal:
- Talking on the phone while driving, unless a hands-free device is used
- Texting while driving- even fielding a text message qualifies
- Playing games
- Browsing the internet
New York State has tried increasing the monetary penalties incurred when caught using your phone behind the wheel and recently began charging points on the offender’s license but so far these penalties have not curbed the dangerous behavior.
A car accident can be a terrifying experience to endure. Texting or calling while driving is an extremely careless thing to do and those who fail to follow the rules of the road should be held responsible. If someone else’s negligence has led to your injury, contact Kaplan Lawyers PC for a free consultation. Remember, if we don’t win your case there is no legal fee.
Call Now for a Free Case Evaluation!(212) 563-1900 (NYC) (516) 399-2364 (Nassau County) (347) 758-9011 (Brooklyn) (631) 619-5309 (Suffolk County) (917) 382-9212 (Queens)
- Experts Believe Fatigue May Cause 10 Percent of All Vehicle CrashesMarch 19, 2018
- Science Panel Urges Lowering BAC Intoxication Level from .08 to .05 PercentFebruary 8, 2018
- Can the U.S. Do Better When it Comes to Driver Safety?January 16, 2018
- Distracted Driving is Taking the Lives of More PedestriansNovember 15, 2017
- Recent Study Shows a Spike in U.S. Fatal, Opioid-Induced Car CrashesNovember 13, 2017