Our Experienced New York Train Accident Attorney Protects Your Rights
When most people think of transportation accidents, they think of cars and trucks. However, when commuting by train or subway is a way of life, as it is for many in New York, train accidents can be an unfortunate reality. When a train accident happens, the results can be tragic and worse than a motor vehicle collision.
The victim of a train accident can become permanently disabled or have to stop working for an extended period of time. Those injuries can make financial security extremely difficult. Our train accident lawyer in New York will help you force the railroad industry to stop ignoring public safety and help you on your way to recovery.
If you believe you may have a legal case, talk to our train accident lawyer to find out how we can help you. You can reach our team at (516) 399-2364 and get the legal support you need today.
Why Choose Us
How Our New York Train Accident Attorneys Can Help You
The time after your accident can be overwhelming, especially when dealing with appointments, recovery, medical bills, and time off work. There is no need to navigate the complex legal system on your own. Our attorneys can help remove some of the stress involved.
Railroad companies will want to deny responsibility. It’s bad press for them if they admit they were wrong. Additionally, the railroad or train owner is likely to launch its own investigation and hire attorneys to protect its own interests. They will try to say it was your fault and that you are to blame for the accident, even if it’s not true. You deserve a lawyer on your side who looks out for you and knows what to do and how to respond when the other side says it was your fault.
What Will We Do for You?
Our attorneys are dedicated to customer service. Not only will we ensure that we keep you updated on your case, we will expertly handle every step to make sure you win. That includes:
- Investigating your claim. We will seek to determine exactly what happened, who was involved, what errors or failures occurred, and who should be held responsible. You also need to make sure you get the evidence needed and that it’s enough to win in a court of law.
- Proving fault and liability. Once evidence is gathered, the information must be compiled in a compelling and legally sufficient way to prove the case. Our lawyers will work for you to make sure the legal requirements for proving responsibility are met. Don’t let legal technicalities be the reason you lose your case. Call us today.
- Legal drafting and filings. There are deadlines that will need to be met before you can win your case. You need a lawyer on your side to ensure you meet them. Additionally, there’s no need for you to figure out the requirements of proper notifications or the correct procedures to seek compensation. We’ve got you covered.
- Determining the value of your case. Our lawyer will calculate your losses and demand compensation for all possible losses and from all possible parties. You may not know how much your train accident case is worth. If you settle too fast, your ongoing medical care will come out of your own pocket. This could hurt your financial recovery. Our lawyers will strengthen your claim to help ensure your settlement is adequate to cover all your medical expenses.
- Negotiating settlement. Once a settlement offer is made, we will advise you on whether or not to accept. You deserve not to settle for less than could be won in court. We will negotiate for you to obtain compensation that’s fair to you.
- Arguing your case in court. If a fair settlement can’t be reached, our lawyer will handle the legal proceedings to argue why you should win. There are specific requirements to ensure you get your compensation and you’ll want a competent and zealous advocate on your side.
A good lawyer will provide you with honest, direct guidance. You want expertise to ensure you are rightfully compensated. Working with our firm shows that you are prepared to fight for your rights and obtain full financial compensation.
Talk to our New York City train accident lawyer about your case. We stand ready to advocate for you and get the compensation you deserve. Call us today at (516) 399-2364.
Train Accidents Can Happen for Many Reasons
Train collisions are extremely destructive. The size and weight of the train will always be significantly greater than whatever it hits. Consider car/train accidents, truck/train accidents, and even pedestrian/train accidents. The train will cause a catastrophe in any of those situations.
You may have a legal claim for compensation even if no collision occurred. In fact, most train accidents aren’t the result of a big crash. Many times, operators fail to maintain safe conditions, resulting in accidents on railway or subway platforms, at railroad crossings, on train tracks, and even on loading docks. Injuries can result from:
- Lack of track maintenance or equipment left on the rails
- Distracted or fatigued train or subway operators
- A poorly designed railroad crossing
- Insecure crossing bars or obstructed warning signs
- Significant gaps between doors and platforms
- Equipment failures, such as malfunction of brakes, warning lights, sounds, doors, and gates
- Speeding or reckless train operation
- Poor lighting on platforms and in trains
- Trip and fall hazards, such as wet or oily floors and platforms
- Doors in a state of disrepair
- Abrupt or sudden stops
- Broken escalators or elevators
- Insufficient safety and security.
In each case, for the safety of all involved, it’s important for the railway to be proactive instead of reactive. Preventing injuries is of the utmost importance.
It doesn’t matter whether your New York train accident was caused by a freight carrier, passenger carrier, or commuter rail. If a railroad or the subway failed to ensure your safety, you might be able to seek compensation.
An excellent train accident lawyer can help. Contact our New York train accident lawyer for a consultation at (516) 399-2364.
Who is Responsible for My Injuries?
Train accidents can be complex because of the number and types of parties involved. The law may allow you to seek compensation depending on the role of a given party in your injuries. Because one party may deny liability or point the finger at another, it can be challenging to get anyone to take responsibility for their failures.
You might be able to seek recovery from the train owners, such as a private company or the government; train operators; train engineers; or even third parties, such as fellow passengers, a pedestrian, motor vehicle drivers, or even manufacturing companies that made defective parts. Different laws and rules may apply, depending on the type of party responsible for your injuries.
If you were injured on a train or subway operated by a transit agency, you will need the help of an experienced attorney familiar with the special requirements for recovering from the state or municipality.
You will also want the help of a New York City train accident attorney who knows how the various parties are related to the operation of a train. There is no need for you to figure out how the train companies, conductors, engineers, and insurance companies interact with each other.
You need an experienced train attorney on your side to help determine who was responsible, and for what. Contact a train accident attorney in New York today at (516) 399-2364 to figure out who is liable and to hold the proper parties fully accountable.
FAQs about Train and Subway Accidents in New York
You may wonder how a legal case works after you’ve been injured by a New York train accident. You may wonder where to turn, be concerned about medical bills, be worried about lost wages, and wonder how you can get the most compensation possible. Our train accident lawyers are here to answer any questions you may have.
Can I wait to see what happens before contacting a train accident attorney?
How much is my train accident settlement worth?
How much will a train accident lawyer in New York cost?
How long will my New York train accident case take?
Don’t see an answer to your question? We are happy to help. Reach out to our New York City train accident attorney to talk about your case. We welcome you to reach out to us with any other questions you may have.
Contact our experienced NYC train accident attorney for a consultation today. Reach us at (516) 399-2364.
Depend on the Experience of Kaplan Lawyers
When you need a knowledgeable legal representative for your New York train accident injuries, reach out to Kaplan Lawyers. Our accomplished legal team has the specialized knowledge and experience to recover the compensation that our clients deserve.
Remember: We don’t get paid unless you do, too.
We want to help you get your life back after a train accident. While you heal, let us handle the details of an injury claim. The last thing you should worry about is handling a complex legal claim.
For a free consultation, contact our New York train accident lawyers at (516) 399-2364.
Attorney Jared S. Kaplan
Attorney Jared S. Kaplan has focused his career on advancing his legal knowledge though the day to day practice of law. Jared is a partner in the law firm of Kaplan Lawyers PC in Syosset, New York and has been a practicing attorney for nearly 20 years. His career started in litigation, so Jared is aware of the pitfalls in litigation and uses that knowledge in the representation of his clients in complex matters. [ Attorney Bio ]