What To Do After An Accident
If you have been involved a vehicular accident of any kind, there are steps you can take to ensure that you are properly cared for in the aftermath of the incident. The first and most important step is calling the police to ensure that the accident is documented and the facts are memorialized. From there it is critical to seek medical attention for the injuries you sustained in the accident.
Immediately following an accident a long and complicated legal process will begin so it is important to hire the experienced vehicle accident attorneys at Kaplan Lawyers PC who will fight for your rights and make sure that you receive all of the benefits you need and deserve. At Kaplan Lawyers PC, we know how traumatizing being involved in a car accident can be, and we want to help you in your time of need.
There are some important things to remember, which can help you realize your maximum potential benefits package. Here are a few pieces of advice that will come in handy when considering your options:
- Admit to liability. It could harm your case. Your attorney can help handle your claim, including any statements you are requested to give.
- Leave the scene of the accident before police say that it is acceptable to do so.
- Move your vehicle. Experts may need to recreate the crash based on what they learn from the scene of your accident.
- Accept any sort of deal. Often, a motorist will try and cut you a check in lieu of involving insurance companies or engaging in any legal procedures. Only a law professional knows the full extent of the benefits you’re entitled to; you could be settling for less than you deserve.
- Put anything in writing without the supervision of an attorney. This includes signing waivers or other documents that could be designed to lessen your returns.
- Be afraid to ask questions! At Kaplan Lawyers PC, the consultations are free. We can help you with all questions related to your accident.
- Stay calm and immediately call for help.
- Contact your insurance company.
- Save all receipts, bills and other documents related to the accident. These can be used to quantify how much compensation you are due.
- Gather as much evidence as you can. If possible, talk to witnesses, take pictures, and exchange information with the other parties involved. When we’re mounting your case, the more evidence we have at our disposal the better we can enforce your rights in court.
As you can see, there is a lot to remember after you have been involved in an accident. There are many helpful things to consider, and an equal amount of potentially dangerous pitfalls to avoid. At Kaplan Lawyers PC, we strongly suggest hiring an attorney to help you through this difficult process. A car accident can be harrowing. As you recover from your injuries, you deserve to be provided for. We can help you win the benefits that will allay the cost of medical bills and can even help you recover your lost wages. The consultation is free and if we don’t win your case we do not charge any legal fee.
Call Now for a Free Case Evaluation!(212) 563-1900 (NYC) (516) 399-2364 (Nassau County) (347) 758-9011 (Brooklyn) (631) 619-5309 (Suffolk County) (917) 382-9212 (Queens)
- How THC Puts Drivers on Par with Alzheimer’s PatientsNovember 26, 2018
- Follow These Guidelines for a Safe ThanksgivingNovember 19, 2018
- New York’s Limousine Tragedy Opens up Fundamental Safety QuestionsNovember 5, 2018
- Winterizing Your Car – What You Need to KnowOctober 29, 2018
- Why Hit-And-Run Drivers Flee the SceneOctober 22, 2018