Vehicle Accidents in Queens County
Queens is the largest and second most populous of New York City’s boroughs. Ethnically diverse, accessible and removed from the fray of Manhattan, Queens is an ideal destination for many New Yorkers. But just like any other area of the city, there are also many vehicle accidents on Queens’ roadways.
The vehicle accident attorneys at Kaplan Lawyers PC have represented many clients injured in collisions in Queens. Our clients have suffered spinal cord injuries, brain injuries, broken bones and organ damage resulting from negligent drivers. If you’ve been injured in a vehicle accident, we might be able to help you win compensation for your injuries.
Vehicle Accident Statistics in Queens
- In 2014, there were 1,976 vehicle crashes in Queens County, according to the New York State Open Data Portal. Of these accidents, 79 resulted in fatalities, 13,074 resulted in personal injuries, and 6,823 resulted in in property damage.
- In 2014, there were 86 vehicle fatalities in Queens County.
- There were 23 drunk driving fatalities in Queens County.
- There were 6 fatalities in crashes involving large trucks in Queens County.
- There were 22 fatalities in crashes involving speeding in Queens County.
- There were 37 fatalities in crashes involving an intersection in Queens County.
Where Do Accidents Happen in Queens?
The roadways that see high numbers of traffic — vehicle or pedestrian — have a higher likelihood of accidents. This includes areas surrounding John F. Kennedy International Airport, St. John’s University and Queens College. Larger neighborhood roads can also have increased numbers of accidents. In Queens, this could be Union Turnpike, Northern Boulevard, Utopia Parkway or Francis Lewis Boulevard.
Major Roads in Queens County
The larger the roads, the bigger the stakes are, especially in terms of severity of injuries in vehicle accidents. Major roads in Queens County include:
- Grand Central Parkway
- Jackie Robinson Parkway
- Belt Parkway
Pedestrian Accidents in Queens
According to New York City government statistics, there are over 250 pedestrians killed or severely injured in Queens traffic every year. There is, on average, one pedestrian killed or severely injured every weekday in Queens. Many of these accidents occur in Jamaica, Flushing and Elmhurst. There are also a high number of pedestrian accidents on arterial roadways like Queens, Northern and Woodhaven boulevards. From 2011 to 2013, there were 9 pedestrian fatalities on Woodhaven Boulevard, 8 pedestrian fatalities on Queens Boulevard and 7 fatalities on Rockaway Boulevard. Queens has made a concerted effort to reduce pedestrian accidents in the area.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a vehicle accident in Queens, you might be able to win compensation for the injuries you’ve suffered. The New York vehicle accident attorneys at Kaplan Lawyers PC have helped many victims seek payment for the damages they’ve suffered at the hands of a negligent driver. Our experienced legal team will work tirelessly to make sure that you get the compensation you deserve. Contact us today to learn more.
Call Now for a Free Case Evaluation!(212) 563-1900 (NYC) (516) 399-2364 (Nassau County) (347) 758-9011 (Brooklyn) (631) 619-5309 (Suffolk County) (917) 382-9212 (Queens)
- How THC Puts Drivers on Par with Alzheimer’s PatientsNovember 26, 2018
- Follow These Guidelines for a Safe ThanksgivingNovember 19, 2018
- New York’s Limousine Tragedy Opens up Fundamental Safety QuestionsNovember 5, 2018
- Winterizing Your Car – What You Need to KnowOctober 29, 2018
- Why Hit-And-Run Drivers Flee the SceneOctober 22, 2018