NYC Medical Malpractice Attorneys
Every year over 175,000 people die due to mistakes made by doctors, nurses and other healthcare providers and countless others suffer dire consequences. The statistics reveal that most of the mistakes are made by a small percentage of the profession yet they are not held accountable and are permitted to continue to practice. When you go to the doctor or hospital you put your trust in their hands but unfortunately that trust might not be warranted. Sometimes, however, negligence on the part of a practitioner can lead to a worsening of your condition or even death. If you believe that your doctor or healthcare provider has caused you harm, you may be entitled to compensation for your medical bills and compensation for your emotional stress, pain, and suffering. You may also be entitled to any wages you lose while you recover from your condition.
Common Types of Medical Malpractice in New York
Medical malpractice isn’t limited to a doctor causing direct physical harm due to negligence. If you or a loved one has experienced any of the following, let the experienced medical malpractice attorneys at Kaplan Lawyers PC handle your claim:
- Negligence: If a doctor has caused you harm through negligent treatment, you may be eligible for compensation. A judge may be able to compare the actions of your doctors against the successful actions of their peers to prove negligent behavior.
- Inaction: Oftentimes, it’s not something erroneous a doctor does, but their failure to act in a timely and appropriate manner that leads to your condition worsening.
- Failure to Diagnosis: If a doctor is unable to come up with a proper diagnosis, or misdiagnoses you, you may be forced to suffer through what should have been preventable harm.
- Surgery Error: There are numerous surgical errors one can experience including: a doctor performing surgery on the incorrect body part, a doctor performing surgery on the wrong patient, a doctor leaving a surgical tool inside the patient.
- Wrongful Drug Administration: A doctor can be held liable if they prescribe you the wrong medication or combination of medications.
- Informed Consent: As a patient, you are entitled to thorough information regarding your medical handling. You are also entitled by law to refuse treatment. If you believe a doctor has proceeded against your will in administering treatment, that doctor can be held legally liable.
- Unreasonable Delay: When it comes to injuries and illnesses, time means everything. If any unnecessary delay on the part of the doctor or medical staff led to you not receiving acceptable medical care, you may also have rights to compensation.
At Kaplan Lawyers PC, we can help you determine whether or not you have a claim and if the medical provider breached its obligation in providing you with the necessary information and / or care. We will prove that either through erroneous action or unreasonable inaction you have been harmed. Having handled virtually every type of medical malpractice claim, we understand the importance of gathering all of the evidence and securing expert witnesses to mount a strong, successful case. Our medical malpractice lawyers can prove that the emotional harm or physical deterioration in condition has led to significant damage for which you deserve to be compensated. Proving medical malpractice can be a complex and strenuous endeavor, but at Kaplan Lawyers PC, we are here to help in your time of need. Our consultation is free but the advice will be invaluable, and we will charge no fee unless we win your case.