Hospital Negligence in New York
Hospital negligence can take many forms. Each year, thousands of cases of negligence are reported. If you believe you’ve been a victim of hospital negligence, it may be in your best interest to seek legal counsel to help maximize your potential compensation. The experienced hospital negligence attorneys at Kaplan Lawyers PC will take the time to review your situation and offer answers to your questions.
Some common forms of hospital negligence include:
- Hospital-acquired infection: If your attending physicians did not properly decontaminate a room or wash properly before surgery, then they put you at unnecessary risk for infection. Failure to treat a pre-existing infectious condition may also be interpreted as negligent.
- Anesthesia error: Anesthesiologists must administer the proper dosage of anesthesia. Failure to do so can cause paralysis, brain damage, heart conditions, strokes, or even death.
- Surgical error: Be it inattentiveness or committing a preventable error, surgery is filled with potential incidents of negligence. If a surgeon mishandled surgical equipment, or his negligence injured you or otherwise worsened your medical condition, the hospital may be legally liable for the damages.
- Wrong site surgery: Though it sounds impossible, sometimes clerical errors cause surgeons to operate on the wrong body part.
- Medication errors: It is a doctor’s responsibility to thoroughly read a patient’s medical history, including all medications taken currently or formerly. They should be able to avoid harmful drug interactions this way, and if they don’t, it is considered negligent.
New York Medical Malpractice – Hospital Negligence Attorneys
At Kaplan Lawyers PC, our esteemed attorneys can help you navigate the often complex legal proceedings following claims of hospital negligence. Negligence can be a difficult thing to prove, but we’ve got experience in getting results for our clients. If you or a loved one were the victim of hospital negligence, then you may be entitled to benefits. Benefits that can help pay your medical bills and provide for ongoing care, reimburse for lost wages, as well as financial compensation for your pain and suffering.
Contact Us For a Free Consultation
At Kaplan Lawyers PC, we will take the time to fully evaluate your claim and provide you with the answers that you deserve. Our consultation is free and we charge no legal fee unless we win your case.