New York City Car Accident Lawyer
Car crashes are traumatic events. If you’ve been in one, you’re likely experiencing a great deal of stress and concern about what to do next. If you were injured in a car accident, you might be considering your legal options to get compensation for the costs you face.
Our New York car accident lawyers are here to help. As New Yorkers, we know that New York City isn’t the most hospitable environment for drivers. Not only do we know that law, but we know how to get you results. Our team meets you on your terms, and we want to make the process as simple and pain-free as possible. We’re on your side. A New York City car accident lawyer at Kaplan Lawyers PC wants to get you the results you deserve.
Request Free Case Review
Why File a Car Accident Claim?
If you have been involved in a serious car accident in New York, then we don’t need to tell you just how painful, costly and frustrating they can be. You are likely experiencing many obstacles dealing with the aftermath of a car wreck. You might have medical expenses. Maybe you have been unable to work and have experienced a significant loss of income and work capacity. These costs are just part of the challenges so many of our clients have faced.
By filing a personal injury claim, you are demanding the payment you are entitled to. You are also ensuring that the at-fault party is held accountable for their careless actions. Don’t take on expenses imposed on you by a reckless driver.
You are well within your right to file a car accident claim to receive compensation for the many costs you have encountered. Kaplan Lawyers PC can help.
Kaplan Lawyers PC Has Years of Experience Handling All Types of Car Accident Cases
In our many years of handling car accident claims in New York, we have seen a lot of different crash types. The most common crash types involve two vehicles. Typically, one of the drivers bears some degree of fault for the crash. Common examples include rear-end crashes, T-bone accidents and head-on collisions.
In some cases, the at-fault driver flees the scene. In a hit-and-run crash, the injured driver (the one who remained on the scene) still has options to get the compensation they are entitled to. Depending on their policy, they might be able to get the payment they need from their own insurance company.
Even crashes involving one car can result in a personal injury claim. Single-vehicle crashes are often the result of a driver avoiding a collision with a negligent driver. For example, if a driver veers into your lane and you swerve to avoid a collision, you shouldn’t have to pay the costs for that driver’s careless actions.
The car accident lawyers at Kaplan Lawyers PC help injured people get the money they need. We understand that clients come to us when they need someone to handle a claim, so they can focus on their health and their recovery. We not only want to fight for fair compensation, we also want to help you get the care you need to move forward with your life. We use all of our available resources to provide you with exceptional service and connect you with professionals that allow you the opportunity to get your life back to normal.
Let us meet with you in person to hear your story. If you can’t visit one of our many offices in New York City, we will gladly come to you. We want to help you explore all of your available legal options. Contact Kaplan Lawyers PC today by calling (516) 399-2364 or filling out our online contact form.
Expenses Car Accident Victims are Entitled To
Property damage – Vehicle damage is the most common consequence of an accident. Regardless of the extent of the damage you have faced, you should hold the at-fault driver responsible for the costs of repair bills or the replacement of your vehicle.
Lost income – Injuries suffered in car accidents often require time off work. For some workers, this means lost income. Additionally, victims in severe car accidents might never be able to work at full capacity again. All future and past income lost because of a driver’s negligence should be factored into your claim.
Pain and suffering – The physical and emotional pain and suffering you have experienced because of a car accident can also be considered damages in a car accident claim. Vehicle crashes are traumatic and painful events. Their effects can last years and cause victims an incredible amount of suffering. Though these damages aren’t as clearly defined as financial-related consequences of a crash, they are no less important.
When filing a claim for the costs you are owed, you want to be sure you are demanding an amount that reflects all of the costs you are facing. When you work with an experienced New York City car accident lawyer at Kaplan Lawyers PC, you can be sure that we will demand the full amount of payment you are owed by a negligent driver and their insurance company.
Let us help you determine how much you deserve in damages. Contact Kaplan Lawyers PC today by calling (516) 399-2364 or filling out our online contact form.
Types of Injuries From Vehicle Accidents
A vehicle accident can lead to very serious injuries, including…
- Traumatic brain injuries – Serious head injuries have effects that can last a lifetime. These injuries are not always visible to others. Victims often suffer in silence, and it’s often the case that only close family members and friends notice the person’s changes in behavior, personality and cognition. A traumatic brain injury affects memory, language processing and a host of other functions that most of us take for granted.
- Spinal cord injuries or paralysis – When the spinal cord is damaged, victims face countless difficulties in life. These injuries can cost millions of dollars in medical care. They prevent people from doing their job or enjoying basic activities.
- Internal injuries – Much like traumatic brain injuries, internal injuries are not easily detected by the naked eye, but these injuries can quickly prove fatal if not treated immediately. Internal bleeding or organ damage can have a domino effect and require extensive medical treatment.
- Broken bones – Fractures are a common consequence of a serious car accident. Some of the costliest and most painful fractures are those experienced in complex bone fractures. This includes fractures to the hips, knees, wrists and ankles. These fractures require extensive medical care and surgeries to treat.
- Whiplash – Whiplash is a very serious injury that can impact a person in many ways. Whiplash can linger for months or even years after a car accident. These injuries can require ongoing medical treatment and physical therapy.
- Soft-tissue damage – Soft-tissue damage might not get the attention that fractures or brain injuries receive, but they can extremely painful for a sufferer. Damage to ligaments and tendons can also be very expensive to treat.
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) – The trauma someone suffers in a car accident is often considered a “non-economic” damage, but the anxiety plaguing a car accident victim is a very real concern. Any emotional pain and suffering you have experienced should be considered by your attorney when determining how much you are owed by an at-fault driver and their insurance company.
- Wrongful death – When someone is fatally injured in a car accident, their immediate family members will be forced to deal with the consequences of that loss for the rest of their lives. Certain family members have the legal right to file a wrongful death claim to receive compensation for their loss and to hold a negligent driver accountable for the devastation they have caused.
In many cases, a car accident causes more than just one injury. You might be suffering from extensive trauma that is expensive to treat and limits your ability to work. If this is the case, you have experienced significant damages from your accident, and you should contact an experienced New York car accident attorney to explore your legal path toward compensation.
We want to help you hold a negligent driver accountable for the harm they have caused you and your loved ones. Contact Kaplan Lawyers PC by calling (516) 399-2364 or filling out our online contact form today.
Featured Article: New Research about Causes of Car Accidents Reveals Fresh Dangers
Sometimes it seems as if life used to be simpler. When we drove, we had fewer distractions and fewer things to worry about. Were they truly the good old days? Perhaps, because increases in the number of distractions around us while we drive would hardly appear to be a good thing. New research now available reveals the risks, and the links to the risks, that raise the chances of a car crash. Read Full Article
Car Accidents in New York State
There are around 300,000 vehicle crashes in New York every year, according to the New York State Department of Motor Vehicles. That is an average of 822 daily crashes in our state. About 40 percent of these crashes lead to serious injuries or death.
Our New York City car accident attorneys have decades of experience helping those who have been killed or seriously injured in these accidents. The compensation a victim receives after a crash can help alleviate the physical, emotional and financial challenges they face.
The Most Common Causes of Car Accidents
There are many causes behind the staggering number of accidents. They include drinking and driving, failure to obey traffic controls and aggressive driving. But distracted driving continues to be the leading cause of car accidents. The most significant distraction to drivers today is the use of cellular phones and other mobile devices. Studies show that texting takes a driver’s eyes off the road for approximately five seconds. If a driver is traveling at 55 miles per hour, he will travel the length of a football field without looking at the road while sending a text.
What to Expect After a Car Accident
- After a vehicle crash, police officers and possibly emergency medical responders will come to the scene of the crash.
- The police officer will ask you some basic questions about the incident.
- If you have suffered injuries, you will be treated and may be taken to the hospital for further examinations. It is always best to seek medical treatment, even if you suspect your injuries are minor.
- Keep copies of police reports and medical bills. In the days or weeks that follow, you will be contacted by insurers (both your own and that of the other driver).
- You DO NOT have to speak to another driver’s insurance company. Instead, tell them to speak to your attorney. After a vehicle crash, you might be able to receive compensation for the damages suffered, even if you share some fault for the incident.
Leading Causes of Vehicle Accidents: By the Numbers
Of the 309,371 vehicle crashes in New York in 2017:
52,467 crashes were caused by a driver’s following another vehicle too closely.
9,832 crashes were caused by unsafe backing.
28,112 crashes were caused by unsafe speeds.
57,006 crashes were caused by driver inattention or driver distraction.
No-Fault Laws in New York
In 1973 the New York State Legislature passed what is commonly referred to as the “No-Fault Law” to provide for the economic needs of people injured in car accidents. No-fault coverage will pay for medical bills, prescription costs, household services, transportation to medical providers, and lost wages up to the amount of coverage selected by the policyholder. However, there are many restrictions and filing requirements relating to no-fault laws, so it is essential that you consult with a car accident lawyer to ensure that you receive all the benefits you are legally entitled to. Additionally, the true intent of the no-fault law was to limit an injured person’s ability to collect money for their pain and suffering. The statute is very restrictive, and many people who suffer significant injuries do not receive compensation for the impact that an accident has had on their lives.
How is Fault Determined?
Each state has its own set of laws regarding fault. New York is a comparative fault state, which means that even if someone was partially responsible for an incident that caused their injury, they still have the legal right to pursue compensation for the damages they have suffered.
When we accept a client’s case, we immediately get to work on establishing fault. In some cases, the at-fault party might seem obvious, but investigations can sometimes reveal surprising facts. Multiple parties could be responsible for the injuries you have suffered.
Perhaps the most important piece of evidence attorneys use to build a client’s case is the police report. Police officers often list contributing factors in a crash. If the police listed the other driver’s actions as a cause for the accident, your attorney can use that as proof that you deserve compensation from the other driver’s insurance company.
We will examine the scene of the crash, including any pictures that were taken after the crash. Video surveillance footage can also be a valuable resource for attorneys. If there were any known witnesses to the crash, we will interview them to gain more insight into the causes of a crash. We will also consult experts in the field of crash analysis to build out your case. These experts can rely on available evidence we have gathered, in addition to using models to understand how an accident happened and who was at fault.
There are many resources available to attorneys seeking to find out the underlying causes of a crash. We encourage you to contact Kaplan Lawyers PC to learn how we can help you determine who was at fault for your crash. Call us today at (516) 399-2364 or fill out our online contact form to schedule your free consultation.
Tips for Dealing with the Insurance Agency
Talking to representatives of an insurance company is an intimidating experience for most people. You might be wondering whether or not the insurance company is acting in your best interest. In general, you should cooperate with your own insurance company to the best of your ability and avoid speaking to a representative of another driver’s insurer. Let’s look at some general things to keep in mind when dealing with insurance companies after a vehicle accident.
- You are under no obligation to speak to another driver’s insurance representative. It’s likely that they will do whatever they can to lessen the amount of money they pay you.
- If possible, they will find a way to deny your claim completely. One of the ways they do this is by using your own words against you. If you are contacted by another driver’s insurance company, tell them to talk to your attorney.
- When it comes to your own insurance company, you should be cooperative and report your accident and injuries after they happen.
- It’s also important to know that you don’t have to settle for an offer that doesn’t meet your needs. If you are offered less than you deserve, consider having a car accident attorney argue your case for you.
Throughout the entire claims process, an attorney can stand up for your best interests. They will correspond with insurance companies on your behalf to maximize the payment you receive.
Should You Accept That Offer from an Insurance Company?
It is possible that you will receive an offer from your own insurance company or the insurance company of the other driver. If you receive an offer from the other driver’s insurer, always speak to an attorney before accepting it. Your attorney will be able to review the details of your case and tell you whether the offer is fair.
Many people don’t realize that they are under no obligation to accept the first offer their own insurance company makes them. An attorney can help you with your insurance company, too. Attorneys can work with insurance companies on your behalf to make sure that you are given payment that truly meets your needs.
It can be difficult for someone unfamiliar with the process to know what is a fair offer and what isn’t. Attorneys have years of experience finding out how much someone is owed and what insurance companies will offer when they deal with a legal representative. At Kaplan Lawyers PC, so many of our clients have been surprised at the difference between the initial offer made to them and the final settlement they obtain when we handle their case.
If you accept an offer without first speaking to an attorney, you could be doing your claim a great disservice. Don’t take on unnecessary costs. Contact the New York City car accident lawyers at Kaplan Lawyers PC and let us deal with the insurance companies for you.
Call us today at (516) 399-2364 or fill out our online contact form to schedule your initial case assessment. Our consultations are free, and if we don’t get you payment, you owe us nothing.
What is Negligence?
Negligence is one of the most important concepts in personal injury law. Negligence is carelessness or recklessness. If someone acts in a manner that disregards the safety of others, whether or not they intend to cause harm, they are considered negligent.
Negligence does not imply that a person intended to cause someone harm, only that they acted without regard to the safety of others. If you are not sure whether the other driver involved in your crash was careless, that shouldn’t stop you from exploring your legal options. Contact Kaplan Lawyers PC today to schedule a free case assessment with our New York City car accident lawyers. Call us today at (516) 399-2364 or fill out our online contact form to get started.
Know Negligence When You See It – How Car Crashes Happen
You might be wondering what is considered negligent driving. If someone is breaking the rules of the road and they cause an accident, they have likely been negligent behind the wheel. To get an idea of other common forms of driver negligence, let’s take a closer look at some of the most common causes of vehicle accidents.
- Impaired driving – Drunk or impaired driving is one of the most common causes of serious car accidents. A driver can be impaired by alcohol, illegal drugs, prescription medication or even over-the-counter drugs. Drivers should always be aware of how the substances they have taken will affect their driving performance.
- Distracted driving – Drivers can be distracted in countless ways. When a driver fails to keep their eyes on the road, their mind on the task of driving and their hands on the wheel, they pose a danger to everyone they share the road with. Though mobile devices are perhaps the most common cause of distraction, drivers might also be distracted by eating, drinking, looking in the mirror, operating a car radio, talking on the phone or taking on too many passengers.
- Speeding – Though people almost always think of speeding as exceeding a given speed limit, the truth is more complicated than that. It’s true that speeding means breaking the speed limit, but it also includes driving too fast for the conditions of the road. Any driver that is traveling too fast and causes another motorist harm should be held accountable for their actions.
- Fatigue – Fatigue, or drowsy driving, is a major concern among road safety advocates. Missing just one to two hours of sleep can double a person’s chances of being involved in a motor vehicle accident. Drowsy driving is one of the biggest safety threats in the commercial trucking industry, because truckers often drive for long periods of time without taking a break. Workers on late shifts are also more likely to fall asleep while at the wheel because they are often tired and driving late at night or early in the morning.
- Failing to follow signs and signals – Traffic signs and signals are installed for a very good reason. When someone runs a red light, fails to slow down at a yield sign or ignores other important traffic signs, they are being negligent.
- Failure to signal when turning or changing lanes – One of the first things young drivers are taught in driving school is to always signal their intentions to fellow motorists. If a driver merges suddenly into your lane without signaling, or turns at a light without letting oncoming traffic know their intentions, they can be held accountable for any harm their careless actions have caused.
- Following another vehicle too closely – Another critical lesson that drivers are taught very early on is the importance of leaving adequate space between their own vehicle and the vehicle in front of them. The worse the weather or the faster the speed of the vehicles, the greater the distance a driver should maintain from a preceding vehicle. Rear-end accidents are often the result of one driver’s following another vehicle too closely.
- Failure to adjust driving to conditions – When the weather is bad or traffic is heavy, drivers are expected to change their driving behaviors. Icy weather and slick or wet roads require a driver to leave more space between their vehicle and the vehicle in front of them. Heavy traffic typically requires slower speeds. When drivers are careless in hazardous conditions, they can be held responsible for any injuries they cause.
These are just a few of the most common examples of driver negligence. You might not know exactly why another driver caused you harm, or your crash might have been caused by a reason not listed above. You should know that if another driver caused you harm, and you are suffering painful, costly injuries as a result of their reckless actions, you have the right to explore your legal options.
Contact the New York car accident attorneys at Kaplan Lawyers PC today to schedule your free case evaluation. We want to hear more about your crash, so we can help you find the best path forward to compensation. Call our team today at (516) 399-2364 or fill out our online contact form to get started.
When a Vehicle’s Defective Parts Cause a Car Wreck
Though a driver’s error is often to blame for a serious crash, car accidents can also be caused by defective automobiles or defective automobile parts. If you were injured in a crash caused by a faulty car part, you still have the legal right to file a claim for the many costs you are facing.
Product liability claims give people the opportunity to hold negligent manufacturers accountable for their damages. Defective tires, airbags, ignition switches and brakes can endanger the safety of drivers and everyone that shares the road with them.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a crash involving a defective vehicle component, contact Kaplan Lawyers PC today to speak to our team. We can help you get the payment you are entitled to.
Why You Need a Car Accident Lawyer in NYC
To handle a personal injury claim properly, you need…
- A deep understanding of the law.
- The time and resources to handle the day-to-day processes of filing a claim, such as preparing and filing paperwork, corresponding with attorneys and insurance companies, and gathering evidence to build your case.
- Access to expert witnesses that can back up your claims with credible science and experience.
- The experience to avoid common mistakes people make when filing a claim on their own.
- The knowledge and resources to research laws and relevant cases to build a successful case.
Few non-attorneys possess the skill, knowledge and experience required to meet the challenge. By having an attorney represent you in a personal injury case, you’ll be maximizing your case’s chances for success and making sure you aren’t settling for less compensation than you deserve.
If you’re tempted by the idea of handling your claim without an attorney, keep in mind all of the work that will be required to learn about the personal injury claims process. You will be representing your claim in opposition to knowledgeable skilled insurance company representatives and attorneys. Many people get taken advantage of or simply fail to do their case the justice it deserves.
Your claim is important, and it deserves the full resources of an experienced, dedicated car accident attorney. Contact Kaplan Lawyers PC today to learn how we can help. We offer free case evaluations to help you better understand your options. If you can’t come to our offices, we’ll come to you. Call us at (516) 399-2364 or simply fill out our online contact form to get started.
Getting Medical Treatment
If you suspect you have suffered an injury, the most important step you can take is to seek medical attention. Even if you aren’t sure how seriously you are injured, your health is never something you want to risk. There are also legal ramifications if you forgo needed medical treatment. An opposing attorney or an insurance company will allege that you were never seriously injured if you didn’t bother to see a doctor. Don’t risk your health or give the other side the opportunity to make this argument. Get medical treatment.
Featured Article: Is Society Evolving Into a More Dangerous World for Drivers?
There is a narrative we hold near and dear in America: Progress makes life better. In a blink of the proverbial eye, technology has created a world that is more connected and convenient than ever before. For the most part, we’re healthier, safer, and smarter. For all their virtues, emerging technologies bring with them their own challenges. Innovation opens the door to both improvement and peril. I submit that we’re seeing a bit of both on the highway horizon. Read Full Article
New York City Driving Safety
Traffic jams, honking horns, endless streams of pedestrians – these are just a few of the many frustrating hallmarks of New York City’s streets. Navigating these obstacles is difficult. It requires focus and patience. Most importantly, it means knowing the risks we face so we can be prepared and avoid them whenever possible. Our Infographic looks at some of the most severe injuries in New York car accidents, along with a few of the most common types of wrecks.
Things to Always Keep in Mind
Do I still have a lawsuit if I was in a single-car crash?
There are many situations in which a single-car crash can result in a successful injury claim. For example, a product liability claim can be filed if a defective vehicle caused your crash. If another driver causes your crash because they were reckless, they can still be held accountable for costs associated with your injuries. In other words, if your accident was caused by someone else’s negligence, you should still consider your legal options.
How do I know if I have a claim?
- a) Have been injured,
- b) Have incurred major expenses and damages from the injury, and
- c) Believe that your injuries are someone else’s fault…
You likely have an injury claim. If you are not sure whether or not you have legal options available, we encourage you to contact our team today, so we can hear more about your situation and provide you with an initial case assessment.
Contact a NYC car accident lawyer at Kaplan Lawyers PC to find out more about your legal options. Call us today at (516) 399-2364 or simply fill out our online contact form to set up your free case assessment.
What is a contingency fee?
A contingency fee means that the client pays the attorney’s fee only if the case is successful, and owes nothing if it is not. At Kaplan Lawyers PC, we operate on a contingency fee. We believe in the ability of our team to get results for clients, and we want to ensure that our clients don’t get hit with fees if their claim doesn’t result in compensation.
In other words, if we don’t win your case, you owe us nothing. We also offer free consultations, so there’s no cost for simply speaking to our team. Contact the New York City car accident attorneys at Kaplan Lawyers PC to schedule your free case assessment by calling (516) 399-2364 or filling out our online contact form.
Settlement vs. Trial
A settlement is the resolution of a lawsuit through an agreement for a specified amount of money. After your attorney accepts your case, they will demand payment from the at-fault party and their insurance company. If the other side is willing to negotiate, then both sides (your attorney and the legal representative of the at-fault party) will sit down to see whether a compromise can be reached. If the other side makes an offer that you find acceptable, then a settlement is reached, and you will begin receiving payment in accordance with the terms of that settlement.
When such an agreement can’t be reached, the matter goes to trial. In a trial, the attorneys of the plaintiff (the injured party) and the defendant (the allegedly at-fault party) make their case in front of a jury. It is up to the jury to decide whether the defendant is indeed at fault. If the defendant is deemed responsible for the plaintiff’s injuries, then the jury will determine how much compensation to give the plaintiff.
How much is my car accident case worth?
An injury claim can range from thousands to millions of dollars. It all depends on the extent of the damages you have experienced. The more serious and costly the injuries you’ve suffered, the more you should be given in compensation for those injuries. In order to determine the amount of money you are owed in damages, you should consider not just the financial consequences of your crash (e.g., medical bills, property damage and lost income), but also the non-financial costs, such as pain, suffering and trauma you have experienced.
To get an estimate of your case’s value, contact an experienced New York City car accident lawyer for a free consultation. Call Kaplan Lawyers PC today by calling (516) 399-2364 or filling out our online contact form.
How long will it take to resolve my car accident case?
Some cases are resolved in a matter of weeks, while other cases take several months or longer to resolve. There are many factors that determine how long a case will last. The complexity of the case, the number of parties involved and the willingness of the other side to cooperate will affect the length of a car accident case.
Though we have no control over these factors, we can ensure you that we will do our part to make sure your case is handled as efficiently and quickly as possible. We know that our clients often need compensation sooner rather than later, so we do everything we can to ensure cases are constantly progressing.
We encourage you to contact Kaplan Lawyers PC today to speak to our team. We want to learn more about your case, so we can give you an initial assessment of what to expect in the car accident claim process.
The statute of limitations of personal injury claims in New York
In New York, the window of time you have in which to file a claim is three years from the date of your injury. Though that is technically how long you have to file your claim, it’s always best to start your claim as soon as possible to maximize the chances of a successful case. In the days, weeks and months following your car accident, there will be opportunities to maximize the payment you receive in a personal injury claim. There are also a number of mistakes you could make that will hurt the amount you will be offered by insurance companies.
By working with an experienced car accident attorney, you can be sure that your case is positioned to succeed. Don’t wait until the end of New York’s statute of limitations to file your claim. Contact Kaplan Lawyers PC today to schedule a free case evaluation. Call us at (516) 399-2364 or fill out our online contact form to get started.
Costs of a Car Accident Lawyer
As you can see, working with an attorney shouldn’t be cost prohibitive, especially when you hire a lawyer who works on a contingency fee basis. When you consider the fact that you will not pay fees if your case results in no compensation, the real question is whether you can afford not to file a car accident claim.
You are likely facing many costs stemming from a car accident. These expenses can add up quickly, and that is particularly true if you are also recovering from a serious injury. There is no reason to carry the costs for someone else’s mistakes. When you file a car accident claim, you are simply demanding payment that you deserve.
Don’t leave money on the table. You deserve to be repaid for all the costs you have encountered. Contact our team today to find out more about our services.
Fast Facts on New York Car Crashes
According to official estimates for New York State, every year in New York…
- Approximately 120,000 people are injured in New York vehicle crashes.
- Approximately 950 people are killed on New York roads.
- Vehicle fatalities in New York cost more than one billion dollars in work-related costs and medical bills.
- The most dangerous time of day on New York roads is rush hour (from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m.) on Monday through Friday.
- Around two-thirds of vehicle accidents involved two or more vehicles.
Top 5 Mistake Made After an a Car Accident
The New York car accident attorneys at Kaplan Lawyers PC have decades of experience and a proven track record of helping people who have been hurt in a car accident receive the money that they are entitled to. Contact us for a consultation to learn what benefits you are eligible for. The consultation is free, and we charge no fee unless we recover compensation for your pain and suffering. The following are things you should avoid if you are involved in a New York car accident:
- Admitting fault at the scene of the accident before you have all the facts
- Not filing an accident report with the police
- Assuming you will feel better and not seeking medical attention
- Believing that an insurance company will deal with you fairly
Not hiring an experienced attorney who will complete all filings to protect your rights and ensure that you will receive the compensation that you deserve.
How Can We Help?
Our NYC car accident attorneys have built a reputation on the exceptional service we offer clients and the sizable results we achieve in claims. We go out of our way to do things on your terms. If you can’t make it to our office because of your condition, we’ll come to you. If you have needs that we can help you meet, we will offer you access to all of our resources to make that happen. Most importantly, we have the experience, resources and skill to get you compensation that truly reflects the suffering you’ve experienced. We get results for our clients, and we make sure they don’t settle for less than they deserve.
How does a settlement work?
A settlement usually requires a significant amount of negotiations between the legal representatives of the parties involved in the lawsuit. The process can be quick (resolved in a matter of several days or weeks) or take more time (several months or longer), depending on the complexities of the case.
Settlements are typically a compromise between two parties, but that doesn’t mean that the settlement you receive will be enough to meet the cost you are facing. This is one of the reasons that it is so important to hire an experienced legal representative to handle your case. They will deal firmly with the other side to negotiate a settlement that is fair for you.
Most personal injury claims result in settlements. At Kaplan Lawyers PC, we prepare every case as if it were going to trial. This allows us to bring a strong case to the negotiating table. The other side knows how prepared we are, and this gives us leverage for our clients.
What leads to a successful lawsuit?
A successful lawsuit is the result of a sustained, strategic effort of an attorney and his or her team. An auto accident lawyer must gather evidence, conduct investigations, consult experts, research laws and build a case that can be presented before a jury.
It’s also important to know that not all attorneys approach cases the same way. At Kaplan Lawyers, we believe that “success” in a car accident case is more than getting the bare minimum that the other side will offer. A case is successful if it results in compensation that truly reflects the damages you have suffered.
Our goals are different than those of many other law firms. We strive to get you the maximum amount of compensation for your suffering. We also want to help you find the care you deserve. If our client’s case results in much-needed payment, and our client is given the tools to rebuild their life after being seriously injured, then we consider that case a success.
Should I feel bad about suing someone?
There’s no reason to feel bad about filing a lawsuit against someone who truly carries responsibility for the injuries you’ve suffered. It is only fair that they pay for their role in the incident. In many cases, the compensation you’re seeking will be paid by an insurance company. It’s also helpful to consider the larger context of your claim. Because lawsuits hold negligent people and organizations accountable for wrongdoing, they can prevent others from suffering similar injuries by discouraging further negligent behavior.
Remember that when you take legal action against a person or an insurance company, you are not asking for a handout. You have experienced serious suffering and you are facing many costs. When you file a claim, you are just demanding the payment required to make things right. These cases are about fairness. Never feel bad about demanding compensation you are legally entitled to.
Need a New York City Car Accident Attorney? Contact Kaplan Lawyers PC Today.
When you decide to hire an automobile accident lawyer in New York, you will have no shortage of options. There are many personal injury attorneys in our city that will want to handle your claim. You should know that not all firms are the same. At Kaplan Lawyers PC, we take a client-first approach in every case we handle. Our priority is getting you the help you need.
Our law office meets clients on their terms. If a client is unable to visit our offices, we are happy to go to them. We keep in close contact with our clients throughout the entire injury claim process. We will answer any questions you might have and keep you updated frequently as your case progresses.
Our team also knows how important your claim is for you and your loved ones. Clients come to Kaplan Lawyers PC during some of the most challenging times of their lives. We know that they want the tools to get their lives back to normal, or as close to normal as possible, in the wake of a devastating injury. We not only use our resources to get clients compensation, we also use our connections to make sure they get all the care they need.
If you or a loved one has had the misfortune of being involved in a serious car accident in New York, you deserve a law firm that meets you on your terms. We have a track record of achieving exceptional results for clients, but we don’t expect you to hire us simply based on our achievements. We want to meet with you and your loved ones in person to tell you how we help our clients.
Kaplan Lawyers PC offers free consultations to people from Manhattan to Staten Island to the Bronx, and we encourage you to reach out to our firm so we can learn more about your story and help you find the best path forward. If you’re looking for legal advice, you should know that an attorney can only help you if they know the details of your case. Simply meeting with a law firm doesn’t constitute an attorney-client relationship, and you are under no obligation to proceed with an injury claim if you don’t wish to do so.
We know New York law, and we fight for maximum compensation. Contact Kaplan Lawyers PC today by calling (516) 399-2364 or filling out our online contact form. Put our New York City car accident lawyers to work on your behalf.