NYC Bucket Truck Accidents Lawyers
Every day in New York, hardworking people take on incredibly dangerous jobs to keep our city and state running smoothly. We pass them on the streets and seldom take notice of their perils, but the work they do spares the rest of us headache and harm. Take, for example, the bucket truck workers of New York.
A bucket truck is a motorized vehicle that uses an electric crane (or some other such electric hydraulic system) to lift a bucket-like platform high into the air. Laborers stand on or inside these buckets so that they can access hard-to-reach rooftops, trees, electrical wires, and other sky-high pieces of infrastructure.
Bucket trucks go by all kinds of names in the trade. You may have heard them referred to as one of the following:
- Truck mounts
- Elevated work platforms
- Boom lifts
- Hydraulic aerial work platforms
- Basket cranes
- Man lifts
- Fruit pickers
Many people refer to them simply as cherry pickers. Some cherry pickers are attached to pick-up trucks (the traditional “bucket truck”), while others are operated with smaller motorized devices.
Unfortunately, bucket truck accidents are all too common. Despite their best efforts, employees suffer terrible injuries in these machines. Many of the accidents prove fatal. In most cases, an investigation reveals that employer and/or manufacturer negligence is to blame.
New York employers have a legal duty to keep their employees safe from harm, even when the jobs involve a certain degree of danger. Likewise, the companies that make these machines have a duty to prevent injuries that might come about in the course of their use.
As a New York bucket truck accident attorney, our firm understands the devastating toll these misfortunes can take on the workers and their families. Our mission is to hold negligent parties accountable for their actions (or inaction) with the full force of the law. Injured victims and their families deserve financial compensation for the entire scope of their suffering, and our job is to fight for those rights. No one deserves to bear the burden of negligence alone.
Common Kinds of Bucket Truck Accidents
Bucket trucks and cherry pickers are used in a wide range of city services and private endeavors, so the spectrum of injuries is expansive. Unfortunately, in almost all cases, the damage is severe.
Common kinds of bucket truck accidents include:
- Electrocution due to contact with power lines
- Overturned bucket trucks, a result of the machines’ high center of gravity
- Hydraulic power failure, causing the bucket to fall or lose control
- Men and women falling from tall heights
- Motor vehicle accidents (when car drivers crash into bucket trucks).
Bucket truck accidents most commonly impact the following kinds of employees:
- Tree trimmers
- Electricians, electrical engineers, and other electrical workers
- Utility workers
- Telephone line employees
- Billboard repair and replacement workers
- Commercial roofers
- Fruit pickers and farmers
- External home maintenance service providers
- Cable television & satellite workers
- Construction workers
- Window cleaners
- Firemen and firewomen
- Facility maintenance staff
- Musicians / concert performers
- Building restoration crew
- Many more.
How a New York Bucket Truck Accident Attorney Can Help
Employers may be liable for failure to adequately train and/or protect their employees, or for otherwise creating dangerous conditions through their actions or lack thereof. Manufacturers may also be held accountable for their failure to design safe equipment or to warn laborers about the potential for injury or error. Whatever the scenario, the innocent worker and his or her family should not have to pay the price alone.
At Kaplan Lawyers PC we provide aggressive, focused, and experienced legal representation for injured New Yorkers and the people they love. If you or a close family member was injured or killed in a cherry picker accident, you may be entitled to substantial financial compensation. Please contact our office right away.
We’re here to help. Call us to schedule a free meeting with a New York bucket truck accident attorney right away.
Call Now for a Free Case Evaluation!(212) 563-1900 (NYC) (516) 399-2364 (Nassau County) (347) 758-9011 (Brooklyn) (631) 619-5309 (Suffolk County) (917) 382-9212 (Queens)
- Experts Believe Fatigue May Cause 10 Percent of All Vehicle CrashesMarch 19, 2018
- Science Panel Urges Lowering BAC Intoxication Level from .08 to .05 PercentFebruary 8, 2018
- Can the U.S. Do Better When it Comes to Driver Safety?January 16, 2018
- Distracted Driving is Taking the Lives of More PedestriansNovember 15, 2017
- Recent Study Shows a Spike in U.S. Fatal, Opioid-Induced Car CrashesNovember 13, 2017