Personal Injury Lawyer
Aggressive Legal Representation for Personal Injury Claims in NYC
An unexpected injury can turn your world upside down and make you wonder how you can cope with this sudden life change. Beyond the initial shock and immediate pain, the real costs of a personal injury add up over time and for a lifetime:
- Medical expenses
- Hospital bills
- Lost income due to missed work
- Rehabilitation or therapy
- Ongoing pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Property damage
- And more.
Too often, victims enter into a hasty settlement agreement with an insurance company after an accident. That’s almost always a mistake. Here’s why:
- Insurance companies don’t represent your best interests. It’s just the opposite, in fact. They’re only looking out for themselves – and their customers – first.
- Settlement offers from insurers are almost always “lowball” (in other words, they offer much less than the victim deserves).
- These settlement offers, once signed, mean that’s all you get, and you cannot take any future action.
- Many injuries can take weeks or even months to appear. Where does that leave you if you took the quick money and signed the release?
- Bills can pile up slowly. Your accident might look like a low-cost incident now. But the reality could be different in a few months. And if you’ve already settled, chances are you will have to eat those losses yourself.
- You can hire our personal injury lawyers without paying any money up front. We won’t charge you unless (and until) we get you money.
What You Post Online Can and Will Be Used Against You
In 2003, a New York woman working a desk job at the Stony Brook University Medical Center suffered a serious back injury after her chair collapsed underneath her. She filed a lawsuit against the manufacturer of the chair, Steelcase. The woman claimed that the defective chair had impacted her enjoyment of life and rendered her mostly unable to leave home. Read Full Article
Our Personal Injury Practice Areas
Many people associate personal injury attorneys with car crashes. And though we deliver robust legal assistance to vehicle accident victims throughout NYC, New York personal injury law involves much more than auto accident claims and civil litigation. The personal injury lawyers at Kaplan Lawyers PC have many years of experience in virtually every aspect of personal injury law. We are available to help you with:
- Medical malpractice – misdiagnosis, improper treatment, surgical errors, birthing injuries to infants and mothers
- Nursing home negligence or abuse – falls and fractures, medication errors, sepsis
- Workplace accidents – slips and falls, hazardous material exposure, third-party claims
- Construction accidents – falls from heights, crane accidents, scaffold collapses
- Injuries caused by unsafe property conditions – dangerous floors and stairwells
- Slips and falls – on unsafe premises such as workplaces, retail stores, or private property
- Dangerous or defective products – manufacturer recalls, negligent product design, strict liability, class actions
- Pharmaceutical errors – mistakes in filling or dispensing a prescription drug
- Social Security Disability denials – surrounding initial benefit application or the appeals process
- Toxic chemical exposure – which can occur by inhalation, ingestion or direct contact
- Dog bites & animal attacks
- Burn injuries –different types of burn injuries, classified according to the source of the injury and the extent of skin damage
- Public property injuries – Injury claims against government entities, very difficult without a seasoned injury lawyer
- Wrongful death – when a negligent accident takes the life of a beloved family member
- And more.
Additionally, regarding vehicle accidents, we provide aggressive legal representation to the victims of:
- Car crashes
- Motorcycle accidents
- Bus accidents (including city, tourism, and school buses)
- New York subway accidents / NYC transit accidents
- Pedicab accidents
- Taxi accidents
- Ridesharing crashes
- Pedestrian injuries and deaths
- Hit and run
- Bicycle accidents
- Boating accidents
- Drunk driving accidents
- Texting and distracted driving accidents
- Much more.
Set Up a Free Personal Injury Consultation Today
Not all personal injury law firms are equal. If your objective is to retain the right lawyer to help you with an injury accident, to be successful you must consider those who offer these features:
- Demonstrated experience
- A clear reputation for client success in injury cases
- Seasoned lawyers with references from satisfied clients
- Integrity and high sense of ethics
- An understanding of YOUR needs
If you, a friend, or close family member has suffered injury, illness, or injustice in New York, and someone else’s negligent or illegal behavior is to blame, we can help. Our New York City injury lawyers will fight to maximize the value of your claim and get you the full amount of compensation you deserve. Remember: We don’t get paid unless you do, too.
Contact an Experienced Personal Injury Lawyer
Please contact us at (516) 399-2364 or fill out our online contact form to arrange a free consultation as soon as possible to get started. You pay nothing whatsoever unless we are able to negotiate a compensation amount that you approve or win your case in court. We’re here to fight for you.
Holiday Safety Tips
Infographic: What is a Personal Injury?
Share on SocialInfographic PDF