You can’t keep a gem hidden forever, especially when that gem offers the world’s best food, art and cultural diversity. So many travelers are discovering what New Yorkers have known for years: Queens is an experience like no other place in the City and, indeed, like no other place on Earth.
When you come to Queens, you can find authentic ethnic cuisine from all around the globe. As Joe DiStefano explained in a video for Lonely Planet, “If you go to eat Thai Food on the Upper West Side, you’re lucky if it is Thai Food… If you go to eat Thai food, or Napali food or Bangladeshi food, you’re eating with people in that community when you’re in Queens. It’s not like Epcot Center.”
You can also see artwork from local and international artists, and gain exposure to dozens of cultures in the process. From Bogart Street to Johnson Avenue, you find art extolling migration, history and science. Artists often call Queens their home, unlike many other cultural hubs in the United States, affording residents and travelers alike the opportunity to visit galleries hosting work of Queens natives.
Queens has an impressive roster of notable musicians that have come from the borough, including Simon and Garfunkel, Run D.M.C., John Williams and the Ramones, to name just a few. Queens has been a breeding ground for incredible art, music and film because it is such an accessible, stimulating place for creative people of all backgrounds.
The borough is also one of the most economically diverse parts of New York City. It is both a transportation hub, hosting both LaGuardia Airport and JFK International Airport, and a sporting mecca, being home to Citi Field, Flushing Meadows Park and Aqueduct Racetrack. In other words, you can fly into Queens, never leave the borough and experience the best of what New York has to offer.
Proud to Serve Queens
The legal team at Kaplan Lawyers PC is proud to put our experience to work for our clients in Queens. In a borough brimming with activity, people suffer serious personal injuries every day, and we are here to meet their needs. Here are a few of ways we can help:
Vehicle accidents in Queens – Queens is a well-traveled district, and there are several dangerous spots for both motorists and pedestrians. The intersection of Linden Boulevard and Pennsylvania Avenue and the intersection of Queens Boulevard and Long Island Expressway are two of the most dangerous in the city. But crashes can occur in any part of Queens. Our attorneys help clients get compensation for injuries caused by negligent drivers.
Our Queens vehicle accident attorneys help clients with all types of auto wreck cases, including:
- Pedestrian accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Truck accidents
- Distracted driving accidents
- Drunk driving accidents
Construction Worker Injuries in Queens – Just like many parts of the city, Queens has been in the midst of a construction boom for some time. With the rapid increase of construction in the borough comes the possibility of worker injury. When construction workers suffer serious on-the-job injuries, they might find that the money offered by employers or insurance companies is much less than needed. That’s where Kaplan Lawyers PC can help. We make sure that our clients are treated fairly and given the compensation they deserve.
We assist injured workers seeking deserved payments after all types of workplace accidents, including:
- Scaffolding collapses
- Falls from great heights
- Heavy equipment-related injuries
- Accidents involving workers who have been struck by or against objects
Other Services We Provide
Our clients come to us with a wide variety of injuries. No two cases are the same, though they typically have one thing in common – someone’s negligence led to another’s serious injury. An injury can set someone back for months, years or, in some cases, a lifetime. We help clients get compensation for pain, suffering, medical bills, lost wages, loss of future income and any other damages they might have suffered.
We also provide clients legal representation in the following areas:
- Medical Malpractice in Queens – When a doctor or other medical professional fails to provide a reasonable level of care and their patient suffers injuries, the patient might be able to earn compensation through a medical malpractice claim.
- Premises Liability in Queens – It is the responsibility of property owners to make sure that their premises are kept safe. Premises liability cases often involve poorly maintained property, negligent security or another form of negligence by a property owner, business or supervisor.
- Slip and Fall Accidents in Queens – Falls are one of the leading causes of injury and death in the United States. Falling can lead to spinal cord injuries, head injuries, broken wrists and ankles and several other types of injury. If a fall was due to someone else’s negligence, a victim can file a personal injury claim to receive compensation for the costs associated with their injury.
- Social Security Disability in Queens – Social Security Disability is a program that offers monthly payment to those who are unable to work because of a long-lasting, serious condition. Our firm helps clients apply for Social Security Disability to maximize their chances of being approved by the Social Security Administration.
Our firm is proud to represent clients in Queens. Our team provides exceptional service and fights to earn our clients maximum compensation for the injuries they’ve suffered.
If you or a loved one has suffered a serious injury in Queens, don’t hesitate to give our firm a call. We offer free consultations and earn no fee for our services until we win your case. Contact Kaplan Lawyers PC today!